Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryker!

Well, it is happening. My children are growing up. Today Ryker turned 4 and how I can not stand it. As I watched him all day long, I sat and thought about all the days past and how much I absolutely love this little man. How much my heart is full for the love I have for him. I decided to take him out on a mini date tonight to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. He was so excited and giggled all the way thru. He had a tough time cause Dad couldn't come too, he was in Idaho, so when the movie got out we called him to chat. I held Ryker for a few minutes tonight and told him how much I loved him and told him how grateful I was that he was mine. How much we had prayed for him and how grateful that I was that God allowed me to be his mommy. I told him how long his daddy and I wanted him and prayed that he would soon be with us. What a blessing he was to us and that he was our little miracle. I told him how proud I was to be his mom and that I was so proud of him when he learned new things and helped out all the time. I told him how grateful I was that he had a strong spirit and that he was so willing to help out all the time. I told him that each day he is what makes me smile and laugh. That he is a great big brother and that thru his life he will be blessed because there are so many other people that love him too. I told him, as I do many times, that he is a child of God and that Jesus loves him. How blessed we are to have our little Ryker. I decided this year that from now on, on each of my childrens birthdays I will kneel down with them to pray and thank God for my children. As a gift to them and a reminder to me that they are truly my greatest blessing. How can I say enough about my little ones. I love you Ryker, Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

dianeb said...

Vic! You made me cry again! This is touching...thanks for sharing it. What a great tradition to start! I hope you write it down for them as well, because I have been very thoughtful lately of when you kids were younger and seeing your children grow up so fast reminds me that the time goes by quickly, and if you don't write all these things down so your children can read about them later, you will both be very sad. I know I am sad that I didn't, and my Mother didn't.

Vicki said...

Thanks mom, Love you. I will definately do that.

Emilie said...

Ok, I must of caught on to G-Ma's tears! That was beautiful... Just down right mean to make me cry at work Vicki! Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

Vicki, you are so awesome. What a great mom you are. That is the sweetest post I have ever read. It made me want to cry. You are such a sweetheart!