Monday, September 8, 2008

A moment!

As I sit here tonight, I have had many thoughts enter into my head. I just spent the last few hours reading a blog that I heard about from the ksl website. I have had no recollection of time, while i have been utterly consumed with the thoughts for this family. It has cause me to ponder the many people that i am grateful for in my life as well as the realization of the importance of my faith. It is late and i need to be in bed so that i can be a better mother tomorrow but, i did want to say a quick little note before i head off to bed. I love you! I am grateful for each of you and for the many times that you have helped me in my life or sacrificed for me and my dear family to make my life a little better, easier, funner, happier, lighter and then some. How indeed grateful iam for my Heavenly Father who has laid out a plan for me. That thru Christ i may have Eternal life. Tomorrow I will try a little harder to be a better Wife, mother, sister, daughter, & friend. That i can put forth "a little more effort, a little more self-discipline, a little more consecrated effort in the direction of excellence in my life." "Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better." Quest for excellence : Gordon B. Hinckley Good night!

1 comment:

dianeb said...

Vicki - OK - I AM CRYING AT WORK AGAIN! I could tell you were pumped about this when you called me this morning, & I so wanted to just chat with you about it. I would have if I hadn't had someone staring me in the face waiting to talk with me, and a hundred calls flippin by me. Sorry! I want to let you know that Dad and I have had those same feelings alot lately and have discussed how truely blessed we all are as a family! I really believe that when we witness others around us struggling, and having these hard things to deal with in their lives, then it helps to strengthen our own testimonies of Christ, and assures us of His love for us. It reminds us how grateful we are for Him, and the blessings He pours over us. Sonia and I were also talking about these things last night as we tied Sarah's quilt. He gives us opportunities to serve each other, and help each other all the time. we need to act upon those promptings, to show our gratitude for all that we have. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Hope to be able to Hug you soon!! Loves - Ma